Monday, February 11, 2008

Spreading the load

I have a list of jobs to do while I'm on maternity leave and I've been trying to spread them out across the weeks. Today's tasks included cleaning the bathroom, shortening the curtains in L's work room and phoning the health visitor. All done.

Also met one of my old school friends for lunch in town - it was great to have the time to do that and to catch up with her. Then appointment with the midwife who seemed to cock up taking some blood from me leaving me with a lovely bruise on my arm!

Now watching the third "Who do you think you are" we have saved on the Vision box from last year... It's Griff Rhys Jones looking at old railway records at the moment. He met up with a "railway enthusiast" to glean some more information - oh dear. Now I don't like to stereotype, but if I just say that the enthusiast was wearing slightly too short trousers, white socks, had very thick glasses and was carrying a clipboard (I kid you not)...well, I'll just leave the rest to your imaginations...

No comments: