Sunday, February 17, 2008

Approaching geekdom...

I am slightly worried about my general geekness status. It started badly with borrowing Doctor Who books from one of my friends, I have also been indulging in the many and various graphic novels L has bought over the years, and have more than a passing acquaintance with various superhero backstories and lore, not to mention a lot of things murder mystery related and a bit of Star Trek...Mario...Nintendo/Wii-related stuff...

It is not getting any better and is in fact now extending to board games - L mocked me for "using the word 'meeple' in general parlance" (see the blog about Carcassonne...) - and I'll leave it up to you to make your own minds up about his use of the word 'parlance' (!) - and this afternoon when we couldn't resolve a token retrieval query in Thebes, I suggested (yes, me) looking it up on The Geek.

Whooopsie. Although I will probably not get too concerned until I reach the point that I can identify the Star Trek episode (from any one of the series except Enterprise) from a ten second or so excerpt. And recite the entire plot of the episode. You know who you are.

1 comment:

Niles said...

Are either of you on the geeks' true home, "EVE" yet?