Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Over-emotional?

I'm starting to get a little concerned about my emotional state as the pregnancy draws to a close. I had thought I was doing quite well - no frequent mood swings or massive hormonal outbursts (except perhaps for new year's eve, ahem) - although that's my view and L may well say something different... I would say that I am not usually someone to let my emotions get the better of me - not crying at my own wedding is something which is often mentioned by L! (although a good film can get me going)

But the last couple of days have been weird - watched Ballet Shoes from Christmas and got really weepy during a couple of bits because I thought certain things were going to happen (they didn't in the end) and then yesterday got weepy (although not so bad) during The Strictly Come Dancing story when they did the round up of all the past winners at the end. Yes really. This is not good.

It has happened randomly before - I think it was after my first year at uni and I didn't have a TV in my room there so I was deprived of watching all the usual crap I like (the TV room was awful and the only thing I ever managed to see on a regular basis was ER as it seemed to be football all the way otherwise!). Got home at the end of the year and I remember watching a really awful game show at home, the player won the big prize and was over the moon - I was so happy for them I was sobbing for some time. Goodness knows what I'll be like when the baby's born...

No comments: