Friday, July 14, 2006

Time may change me...

Have been thinking a lot this last week about how things and people change over time. Now, while I fully accept and know that you cannot stand still, time must move on and you can't ever go backwards and there is nothing I would change about my life at the moment, I find it sad sometimes when you revisit old friends and places and seeing how they have changed. I went back to the church of my childhood at the weekend (for a strawberry tea), and got news of another lady who has died who was a member when I went there. It just got me thinking about how much I loved that church and its congregation when I was younger, and how many people have now left or died - quite a few recently. There have also been marriage break ups which have affected me a lot - was it all just a big lie? It used to make me quite sad visiting and thinking about how I remember it to be, and the people who aren't there now, but I mustn't be melancholy - I know there would have been things going on that I wasn't aware of and that not everyone would perhaps remember it so fondly, but there we go. Perhaps part of it is that Mum still goes there and she tells me about all the problems and difficulties between people and perhaps I don't want to know about that - I want the good memories from my youth. Things move on and the current lot are great as well, but it was just such a big part of my childhood, it's strange thinking of it being so different.

Is that just really self-centred? Am I rambling? I think I am.

No comments: