Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Visitation

Enjoyed a great visit by my mum and sister today. Z had quite a disturbed night and although I'm very tired, it was great to catch up with them and hear all their news and gossip. One thing which struck me as amusing - my mum is a Methodist local preacher and since the rearrangement of the Circuits (like preaching districts) within the Church, she has been going out to a lot more smaller country churches which seem to have their own way of doing things. She went out to a church recently and was not impressed - amongst other things, the church was not opened until 10.57am for an 11am service! After the service apparently the steward came up to mum and said that it had been a good service and hadn't she felt the Spirit? Mum told me "No, I didn't feel the Spirit - felt incompetence more like it..."

No comments: