Thursday, September 25, 2008

The return of the interwebs

Hurrah!

We finally have home broadband connected - it's only been a week and a half but it feels like an eternity. I didn't realise I was so reliant on it but when you can't just drop an email to someone or use the Vision box to keep up to date with Out of the Blue...it can all get too much!

The people in the house prior to us had cable for everything and we were surprised to see that both the phone line and the TV aerial to the roof had been severed! But all connected now and I'm just working my way through a few websites I need to catch up on (and yes, Lolcats is one!) before facing the inevitable torrent of Freecycle emails - having not yet been able to disconnect myself from the mailing list.

Well, it's been chaotic and tiring and busy but I think we're just about there now - all stuff moved in and unpacked, 2 hectic trips to IKEA have provided us with much more storage space, and there have been visitors galore. Today was the first 'proper' quiet day with L back at work...except that the new fridge we ordered arrived and couldn't get through the door. Fortunately L's dad was able to pop over and one door removal later the f/f is now safely esconsed in the kitchen.

New doctor and dentist have been discovered, along with church for me and Wiggles & Giggles for Zachary. Off to find a swimming pool tomorrow. Hopefully.

Finally, Z has moved to stage 2 for his weaning which kind of means the introduction of meat and dairy. He's on 3 meals a day now but I'm still having to make sure he gets enough breast milk as well. I am loving Annabel Karmel - made chicken with sweet potato and apple, and courgette and pea souper today. Both so tasty Z nearly lost most of his lunch and dinner to the parent feeding him. Whoooops!

No comments: