Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Coffee time

I was sitting in Starbucks with the boys this afternoon, managing them and their drinks, wiping up after chocolate eating, making sure things didn't get spilt, preventing arguments over who gets my straw...and I remembered a time when I used to be able to go out for a coffee, take a book, read for a while, relax...and wondered what that would be like again! But then I looked at the boys and thought that actually this is more fun all in all - I might miss some alone time occasionally, but sharing time with the boys is much better. After all, Zachary will be starting school in September and I'm sure that all too soon I will become an embarrassing parent who must be shunned at all costs, so (without making this too mushy) I must make the most of time with him and Leo together now.

By the way - when I went to get the boys up this morning, Leo presented himself at their door sans pyjama bottoms, having removed his nappy, which he was presenting to me saying "I've got my nappy," and with his pyjama top on inside out and with one arm through the head hole. Guess he'd been awake for a while!

No comments: